Saturday 24 January 2009

Welcome to the blog...

Hello there! Welcome to my little patch of cyberspace, I'm (extremely) glad that you found me, and I now feel obliged to tell you what exactly you are going to be reading here...

Im afraid there is no long story, no real reasoning behind this blog. It is literally like this - I like music and I like having an opinion, so I think you should all know what it is. I am a drummer/percussionist "by trade" and i am lucky enough to get opportunities to play in many different genres, so there will be a fair bit of my own musical experience (should you care...), but I also like the idea of telling you all what music I love (and hate) and why.

Ooh, I know what would also be fun - maybe we will do surveys! And have guest writers! Yes, that would be exciting. I'm sure I could find an expert in the Development of the Wagner Tuba to do a skit here, or even a theremin-player, just to add a bit of variety. Or you might have to settle for my alter-ego. Or my dog.

So, in short, don't come here if you are looking for a dramatic descriptions, poetic prose or amazing anecdotes... But what you will find is erm... Well - me, my opinions, my frustrations and my experiences. And who knows, you may even have a giggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment