Monday 26 January 2009

You critics know nothing!

Sorry, did I say that aloud...?

In what will surely be the first of many non-music related posts, I think it's time that I took a stand. On Saturday, I received my new toy - a T-Mobile G1 (that's a "google-phone" to those who aren't sad enough to read techie blogs. 
Wait a minute...), and in short - I LOVE IT!!!
Except I have read far too many reviews which criticise frankly silly things such as lack of video recording (which is coming soon anyway), lack of headphone jack (let's face it - who doesnt own an ipod these days, anyway?) and - wait for it - "keyboard position." Pah. So it is for that reason that I took this opportunity to put in my shout for such a clever, exciting and, frankly, hi-tech device.

And what's more, it is built on a principal of "open architecture!!" Those non-techy minded amongst you may not get the significance of this, but it means that anyone can pick a bit of the phone's operating system that they don't like, learn the code, and fix it! Though so far, there haven't been many things I have wanted to fix.

Seriously, there has been no point throughout my G1 experience (so far... touch wood) during which I have thought "Oh that's annoying, why did they do that?" I may be biased seen as I have always been a big Google enthusiast, but I just love the synchronisation and the sheer usefulness of my new phone.

I'm afraid I can't really pinpoint any favourite features, since I love it all (though if I had to, the notifications, menu, home screen and general user interface is just perfect), but my whole experience with the G1 has been brilliant - I love the way it "just works."

So there you have it, my shout for the G1. Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment